Friday, September 14, 2007

Gearing Up for the Next Cycle

I went to the clinic this morning.  They drew blood to check my levels and of course no visit to the clinic is complete without interaction with the vaginal wand.  The uterine lining is thin and looks good, as it should.  There is one teeny cyst on my ovary but the tech said it’s too small to really worry about and it was clear throughout.  She said they usually only really get worried if it’s bigger than 3 cm (mine was around 8 mm) and if it looks like it has “stuff” in it.  I received my second round of Clomid.  I am to take 3 pills a day for 5 days beginning today.  Then, next Friday, I am to go back to the clinic for another look-see via the vaginal wand to see where I’m at in my cycle.  The next insemination should take place the following Monday or so.

Class last night went well.  It turns out that it’s not so scary of a class though there is a lot of work involved.  The book is not dry or filled with million dollar research words and is actually quite interesting.  Also, I ended up in probably the best group I could have chosen.  In fact, the three other members of the group are really the 3 members I had hoped to be grouped with.  We also talked about how, if it turns out that someone badly slacks off, the professor does reserve the right to grade the group individually.  Some people didn’t like to hear that but it greatly relieved me.  I’m not 100% thrilled with our research topic, but it’s doable and should be interesting none-the-less.    I may be calling on the greater blogging community to help with some focus group/survey stuff so stay tuned.

My poor husband.  Last night we were talking and admitted that he has been lonely and just recently realized that he doesn’t have any friends to hang out with or with whom to do things.  We thought about it, and it’s true.  So not only is he not working, he’s not social.  I think for a time, the friendship thing wasn’t important or a major focus because we were newly married and then we were working through his health issues and scares.  But now that everything else seems to have settled down, he’s realizing that he’s lonely and misses having friends.  How does one make friends when he is home alone during the work day and in a wheelchair 24/7?

3 comments:

Amy said...

Hi. Thanks for stopping by my blog! And to answer your question, I live in Western MI.

My husband doesn't have any friends, either. And I know it would really do him a world of good to hang out with people besides a whiny, nagging wife and a bunch of screaming kids. And his pessimistic brother.

Good luck with the vaginal wand. May it coat your wimmin parts with magical baby-making pixie dust.

Ann said...

I've been reading your blog for a while and really enjoying it.
Hope the whole baby thing works out for you - I'm not a parent, but I am an aunt, and from the outside being a parent seems to be one of the most amazing parts of life.

twirlingtiaras said...

hey sweetie hope you are doing well. i'm praying for you, that you will have a baby. that your husband will find peace. its hard to be lonely. i know.