Wednesday, September 05, 2007

Progesterone Update

I just got the call from the clinic on my progesterone levels.  They kept saying they wanted to see 20 or above and the number came in at 14.5.  Then the nurse told me that they usually want to see between 15-20 and they are actually happy with this number for now.  I asked her if this low number indicates in any way that I’m not pregnant and she said no but that if I’m not, we will have a new plan for the next cycle.  She also said that anything over 4 means I’ve ovulated and they really like numbers over 12.  So…it’s kind of good news so far but kind of not good news.  If it turns out I’m not pregnant, I am to stop the progesterone right away and call the clinic for the new plan.  If I am pregnant, I call the clinic for a check up and…the new plan.  Either way, I have a plan and the support to execute it.

I had my first pumpkin spice latte of the season today and it was good.  I promptly spilled it some on my shirt so it looks like I’m lactating, so that was fun. 

I don’t feel like I have enough time to get all the things done I want to get done before I leave to visit my mom this weekend.  Still, I will do what I can and the rest will have to wait.

Today is supposed to be 91 degrees.  Friday is supposed to be 70.  I can’t wait until Friday.

1 comment:

lap said...

I'm crabby because now it's not going to feel cooler until this afternoon according to Fox News 9. Stupid humidity. I'm thinking of you!

I was watching FOA last week wondering why they were in Iowa instead of WI where I thought they would find my better road food- then I remembered "DUH they are following the river, and the river doesn't run through WI." But how great would it have been to see Alton in the Norske Nook?