Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Clarification

We don't "tip" the people that park next to us as much as we thank them. We have a handicapped accessible van with a ramp and need all the space we park in and then some. The people that park next to us park as far over to the opposite side as they can in order to allow Bob access to his van. They don't have to but they do because they know it makes things easier for Bob. So, to thank them, we bought them $10 gas cards and put them in Christmas cards. Not a big deal but something nice because they've been nice to us.

I got the referral to the orthopedist. I will be calling their office tomorrow. My ankle doesn't really hurt. But for some reason, my right hand is killing me and I don't know why. Maybe I laid on it one night but I've had to take Aleve 2 days in a row just to get through the day.

Tomorrow is my last day at work before a well needed and most anticipated 5 day break. I can't wait. Oh, and only 2 more days to graduation!

4 comments:

Kayte said...

Thanks for clarifying that...I was wondering about this...wondering why I never knew I was supposed to tip the people who park next to me...LOL. It is a lovely thing for you to do this...how kind and thoughtful. Anyway, thanks for the heads up on this...I was wondering....

Bird's Eye View Photography said...

It is always a wonderful thing to thank people who are not expecting it, it makes the gesture more fun for you!

twirlingtiaras said...

So is 40 feeling any better?

Anonymous said...

Okay -- so I wandered over from another blog with horses and began reading because your blog name is excellent and then, seeing Minnesota (my state until 1991) had to begin reading more, and then with all the birthday information just have to tell you that it only gets better and better, and this is from the other side of 60. Really!!! This is true. Of course, this week it is especially better because our first grandbaby (a beautiful girl, like you) was born on your birthday! I believe in coincidences. And finally, since I'm on a roll, my worst birthday was my 31st when, in the middle of the afternoon, I pulled my head out of the oven of our new home, realized it was my birthday, so sat in the middle of the kitchen floor and cried. Lest it seem too awful, my parents were overseas, my husband was taking care of his 90-year-old grandma, we had no kids or family in the area, and were new to town. Still ... ouch. Now, it is one of my best memories because, well just because.

P.S. You are an excellent writer!