Monday, December 31, 2007

The Final Countdown

Yeah, it’s been a while since I’ve written.  Life has been a bit crazy and I’ve been a bit lazy when there is nothing pressing me. 

Work was crazy last week.  There was a lot of catching up and a lot of trying to locate annuity writing bankers who were on vacation and in their stead, trying to resolve issues.  When I got home, all I wanted to do was sleep…so I did.  I think the darkness, snow, and cold are not helping the general malaise I find myself in these days.

I don’t know what we are doing tonight, if anything.  Bob hasn’t been feeling well.  We missed a family wedding on Saturday due to his illness and he has given me the OK to go out tonight if I so desire.  I don’t know that I DO desire.

I ordered my professional graduation photos today.  Holy Schnikees they were pricey.  I ordered 3 5x7’s and 1 small portrait package and it came to $75 including shipping and handling.  Crazy. 

I meant to take our Christmas decorations down yesterday but I got caught up in movie nostalgia thanks to the ABC Family network.  It began with My Girl, continued with A League of Their Own, and finished with Steel Magnolias.  I only moved from the couch to eat lunch and dinner.  Nice.

I can’t believe it’s a new year.  Last year I was so excited for 2007, I could barely stand it.  As the year wound down with no pregnancy, I began to hate 2007.  Now, with plans to most likely move to Florida, I am begrudgingly looking forward to 2008.  Bob and I talked about it a little bit last night and if I don’t get a job interview or offer before our lease is up October 1st, we are looking at moving down there, finding me a temp job and just starting the fall off right in Florida.  Not sure if that will work or not, but we are talking about it.  Bob is kind of scared because our cruise is from Sept 11th to 22nd and he doesn’t think I can get us packed and moved in 2 weeks.  I think I can.  Especially if I work to the 10th and then am done at Big Bank Co.  It’s scary to think of doing it that way but if we don’t, we will never leave and I can’t live through another year of broken dreams and disappointment.

2 comments:

Amy said...

I hope '08 is your year, Babe! Lord knows it's time for you to have some sunshine.

Sorry I haven't checked in a while. I've been horrible at blog reading lately.

Yvonne said...

I second Amy's sentiments about 2008 being your year!