Tuesday, March 06, 2007


I will have to thank my doctor the next time I see her.  At my last visit she prescribed some things for me to help me get over the intense cramping pain of the first day of my period.  I can’t remember what it is called, but the first RX made me sick and dizzy.  I got my period yesterday while at work and didn’t really experience any pain at all.  UNTIL 3am this morning.  The pain was so great it woke me up.  I got up to see what else I had in my pharmaceutical arsenal and was delighted to find a lovely bottle of Vicodin.  I forgot about my doctor’s habit of prescribing back up RXs in case her first guess doesn’t work. At 500 mgs a pop I worried I might choke on my new BFF so I broke it in half.  Also, I am allergic to codeine and worried that I might hurl on a full dose.  It seems the straight codeine is the culprit and not so much the delightful cocktail that makes up my beloved Vicodin.

After about 20 minutes of lying on the couch holding my cramping stomach, I was able to get back up and go to bed.  It was at this time that I discovered I had accidentally left the bedroom door ajar.  Bob was just getting up to go to the bathroom and wondered if I was alright. I told him what had transpired and how I was feeling better but was worried our bedroom was now inundated with felines.  He said he hadn’t seen or heard any so he assumed we were cat-free.  I shut the door and got into bed only to see the kittens run to the now closed door.  I scooped them up and tossed them into the hall.  It is not as easy to do this as it was when they were little.  Plus, Chloe the brat shrieked and hissed at me the whole time.  Brat.  

I was afraid other cats lurked inside our room somewhere but I was too tired to care.  I had a hard time falling asleep so Bob rubbed my back for a bit which always helps.  I was dreaming about something delicious whose specifics escape me now when I was rudely woken by Maisey’s whining meow in my ear.  I hopped up, scooped her up, and tossed her in the hallway and shut the door confident we were rid of all feline interruptions.  I managed to get back to sleep only to be awoken by my alarm in what seemed like minutes later.  I was tired but thankfully cramp free. 

I am at work right now, getting ready to leave for lunch.  I had to take another pill to stave off the pain of the incessant cramping.  It’s a bad time to be at work when all you want to do is curl into a ball under your desk and cry.  Thankfully I have my friend Vicodin to keep me company today.  I wish I also had my other BFF, The Heating Pad, but I will wait until I get home to spoon it.

1 comment:

Sandy said...

Oh, yes. Sweet Lady V. Every woman's best friend.