Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Sick Days

I've been sick these past couple of days. I woke up at 1am Tuesday from a dead sleep knowing I had to make it to the bathroom post haste. Which I did. Then I went back to sleep. For another 45 minutes before having to make the same trip to the bathroom. Which I ended up doing every hour or so through the night. About my fourth trip in, I added the beloved dry heaves to the party. Not only was I expelling things from both ends, I was achy and so cold. I could not get warm no matter how many blankets I piled on or how many socks I wore.

I spent the day at home yesterday on the couch watching a "The Real Housewives of the OC" marathon on Bravo. Man, those are some high maintenance women, huh? I went to bed early and slept crappily so I called in sick again today. I may be in for some trouble since my boss's boss was in the office this week and this is review week, but stuff it. I was really and truly sick.

I feel much better today. I have managed to keep down 2 pieces of peanut butter toast and some Gatorade so I feel confident I can go to work tomorrow. Nothing is scarier than going to a job where you are sitting all day with a condition that requires you to be no further than 2 feet from a bathroom at all times. I have managed to do OK today so should be OK to go tomorrow.

I've been watching lots of birdies eating from our feeder today. I can only name the cardinals and chickadees but there were at least 3 other kinds of birds out there as well as 3 of our squirrel friends. The squirrels prefer the suet to the seed but they haven't managed to open the feeder yet so it's all still intact. I took pictures of the feeing frenzy and as always, they are posted on my Flickr site.

There isn't much going on here to write about. I am nervous about review time because of last year's depression episodes and how my boss reacted so negatively to all of that. Plus, I was out sick for 2 days this week while her boss was in town and that can't bode well. However, I have made it my mission to stay at Big Bank Co until August 2nd of 2008. That is when I become vested and can take my 401K money with me to the next place without losing what they've added to it for free. If they let me go before that, well, that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Hopefully you will feel better soon!! I HATE being sick!!