Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Hmmmmm.

We leave for vacation in 3 days and I just can't wait. I found out that the resort we're going to only has 3 cabins and each cabin can sleep up to 6 people. So even if the other 2 cabins are completely full, there will only be 12 other people there. I am so looking forward to this vacation. The first part will be fun because seeing my friend Jennie get married and spending time with old friends makes me quiver with joy.

Work has been...interesting. My boss has been on maternity leave and her interim replacement has been in AZ taking care of her ailing mother. So we've been without on-site management for a couple of weeks now. In the meantime, I've been to a half dozen interviews for positions inside Big Bank Co but outside of the department I work for. The interviewing has paid off because I was offered a position today! I am not jumping for joy yet because the last position I was offered a couple of years ago was rescinded and I just don't want to jinx myself just yet. Still, the job is awesome and a huge opportunity and responsibility. I am to start on the 21st. After I start, I will write more about it...maybe.

In the meantime, I am finishing this week, going on vacation next week, finishing one more week at my current job and then starting the next week at my new job...presumably.

Oh, and stalker-type people who might know where we live, we have friends staying with the kitties while we are gone so our apartment will NOT be empty. Plus, as it is, I feel like I'm packing everything we own and taking it with us. Sheesh.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

WOW, Amy! I am so happy for you! I am looking forward to hearing all about your vacation and your new job!Just think, in 2.5 weeks you will be sitting at the desk of your new job!! Who knows, maybe a foster child is right around the corner!!

Mary said...

Congratulations on the new job! Fingers crossed that everything goes perfectly for you.