Monday, December 26, 2005

Merry Day After Christmas

Well we had a really nice Christmas. It was quiet and it was just us and it was nice. I woke up first and let Bob sleep in. I made a yummy egg bake and some cinamon rolls for breakfast. We each opened our stockings first and then our gifts. We let the cats open their stockings too. We lay them on the floor and the cats pull out their catnip toys. It's super cute and a little indulgent, I know, but if you saw it, you would think it's cute too. Bob woke up in excruciating pain so we kept the hoople to a minimum. He's always in some kind of pain, but Christmas day was just so bad. Poor guy. We wanted to go to his sister's house to watch the Vikings game, but we ended up just staying home and laying low.

Bob and I took a nap in the afternoon and when we got up, instead of making the stuffed porkchops I'd defrosted, we just had leftovers. My dad called to wish us Merry Christmas and to ask for help with his digital camera.

And that's it. Our day was just spent hanging out, napping, eating, and resting. It rocked!

Last night I had weird dreams. I remember having some kind of nightmare but Bob woke me up and held me. I also remember going over to "Cheers" to talk with Sam. I met with him and told him that in all the time we've known each other, he never once tried to make out with me and how much that hurt me. Then I showed up at the wedding of a friend in just a t-shirt and underwear and was mortified. So, dream world was a little weird last night.

This morning we were watching the birds eat from our birdfeeder when all of a sudden a little furry beast jumped at our sliding glass door. It was a squirrel and he was trying to get into the apartment. The cats were going crazy and he didn't seem fazed by them at all. In fact, he didn't seem fazed by much. He didn't even have a tail. We call him Stubby. He ran across the sidewalk and looked for all the world like a grey bunny with his small head, big ears, and stubby stumpy tail. He was a FAT little guy though, so no fears about him being able to take care of himself.

I've been watching MTV's Sweet 16 and I have to say these kids are the most superficial, spoiled, bratty, out of touch kids I've ever seen. They spend an obscene amount of money and don't think a thing of it. Their parents don't say no and in fact, seem to encourage this. It's outrageous and I end up getting so angry and yet I can't turn the channel or turn away. It's like watching a horrible accident.

Christmas is hard without kids. I keep thinking of scenerios of having children and the traditions we can create within our family. I hope it happens one day. Truthfully, if I don't get pregnant this month, I don't know how else it's going to happen.

Today has been a great day off of work and it's the nicest cap to a really wonderful holiday.

No comments: