Saturday, February 10, 2007

Checking Back

I'm not sure why Maisey looks so frightened in this photo but it cracks me up. She looks craaaaazay!

So I'm over pouting about getting my period again. It was a set back but I am determined to keep trying and not give up hope.

I emailed the photos the magazine art director requested plus a few more. It can't hurt to be bold and send a few more can it? All they can do is say no and not use them. I don't know what issue they will be in, but I can't wait to see it. The next issue that comes out will feature Bob's story in the main article. That issue should be arriving at any time.

Bob and I are going to share our stories at a meeting of TGIFridays managers on Thursday morning along with other MDA families, staff people, and sufferers. TGIFridays is partnering with MDA to sell shamrocks as a fundraiser. If all goes well, it can become a regular thing AND could go national instead of just state-wide. This is very exciting and we can't wait to be a part of it.

Today has been a good day for me. I got up and finished touching up and resizing the MDA photos. I uploaded some new music to my ipod. I talked to my mom on the phone for over an hour and while I did that, I cleaned the kitchen and cat boxes. Then it was time to catch up on my TV shows. I made enchilladas for dinner and vacuumed the crap off the carpets.

Today was not so good a day for Bob. The DSL was out so he couldn't do his business. When he went to work, someone had parked in front of the wheelchair cut out so he couldn't get in. He tried to find the culprit but no one would own up to it so he huffed home. When he came in, he tracked dirt and oil into the apartment and onto the carpet. They called him when the car was moved so he went back to work. Once there he had a couple of difficult customers and the car wash was broken. We had a heatwave of 15 today so people were actually out getting their cars washed and were mad about the broken wash. All that, and it was bill paying day.

Bill paying did not go as expected. We had quite a few to pay and though we had the money to pay them, we didn't have as much to put into savings which is Bob's goal in life. However, we did get our state tax refund so we did use part of that to put back into savings, so that was good.

You know sometimes I feel like I am putting my life on hold until we have children and other times I feel like no matter how well we live, it just won't be as good until we have children. Children are at the center of my longings and I can't imagine a future without them. To think of going forward in life celebrating anniversaries, holidays, and birthdays without children, well it just feels so empty and void. We are still gathering information on adopting and that would be just fine too. Just as long as children are somehow brought into our family and future, that will be fine. This has nothing to do with anything I have written above, it's just what I am feeling right now.

No comments: