Tuesday, February 06, 2007

He Didn't Hit Delete! He Didn't Hit Delete!

Um, remember how in yesterday’s entry I was trying not too hope too much that the art director from the national MDA magazine would contact me about the photos I took from the Winter Wine Down?  Well, either my not hoping too much worked or…well, I don’t know what else to say here because I am too excited.  The art director emailed me directly to ask for my permission to use my photos from the Wine Down AND he wanted to know how he could get permission to use future photos for future publications!  Isn’t that a nice surprise on a cold winter day?  I was going to use my half of the tax return money to get a Dyson but I think I will use it to FINALLY get a digital SLR and see how I can improve on my photography.  I am so excited!  I know it’s not Time or Life or National Geographic, but it’s a national publication that thousands of people read each and every month.  In fact, the photos accompanying Bob’s story in March were also taken by me. Actually one was taken by me, the other was taken OF me and Bob with my camera.  Anyway, it’s a start and it’s a step down the road of becoming someone who is paid to do what they love.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Congratulations, that's fabulous news!