Tuesday, April 03, 2007

Forward

It’s April 3rd and it’s snowing.  Not a lot, but enough to be called snow. 

The theme of 2007 is FORWARD.  (It’s also the WI state motto, but that’s just a coincidence.)  In the interest of moving forward, I have made some strides forward in a couple of areas.

First, I called the college I was attending up to June of last year.  I only have 5 classes left to take in order to graduate with a degree in Communications.  They are sending me a packet of info to re-apply and re-register.  Classes start June 7th and go through November.  Graduation is in December.  I am thisclose to being done.

Second, I called my RE’s office and asked if I could schedule the endoscopy I was supposed to have last year at this time but never had because of DEPRESSION 2006.  The nurse called me back and said they had an opening on May 3rd at 1pm and did I want it.  I did and I am.  I have a pre-op appointment with the RE on April 26th.   I’m not sure where to go after that, but I only have to take one step at a time to move forward.

Part of the reason I finally picked up the phone and called the RE is because my period showed up yesterday and immediately began kicking my butt.  There is no reason I should have to take 500mg of Vicodin in order to get through the first 2 to 3 days of my period.  If the pain isn’t due to endometriosis, then I don’t know what else to do.  During the endoscopy, the doctor will remove any polyps or scar tissue or webbing she may find.  If she doesn’t find anything, I am at a loss as to why my period has reverted back to jr. high/high school strength.  I’m 39 now; I think I should have some kind of handle on cramps after almost 27 years of periods, don’t you?

No forward movement yet on the photography business front or on vacation planning.  Bob does mention every day how excited he is about the vacation.  We do know that we will take our time getting west but that we may be white knuckling it to get home in time for me to get back to work.

No comments: