Monday, July 23, 2007

Ellusive

I woke up at 2:30 to use the bathroom and never fell back to sleep. For some reason I just couldn't. I tried. I went back to bed. I closed my eyes and just as I would find the edge of sleep and hope to slip in, my heart would race, my brain engage, and oh! Awake. After tossing and turning and trying to alphabetize everything I could think of in order to try and meditate myself to sleep, I finally got up and went to the living room to read for a while. I read to 4am when I began battling heavy eyelids. I thought I could get in 2 good hours of sleep still and fell into bed. It was still a no-go. Same thing happened as before. I would just begin to slip into slumber when, again, the heart would race, the mind engage and sleep was once more thwarted.

Of course now it's 6am and I just want nothing more than to crawl into bed and sleep the sleep of the dead for a good 4 or more hours. However, now I have to begin getting ready for a day of work. Bummer. I feel that dull listlessness settling over me. I have that vague ill feeling I used to get in college after pulling an all-nighter with no food and tanks of caffeine. Even though I haven't had any coffee or coke, the feeling is the same. My stomach rumbles but the thought of food right now is less than appetizing. The only thing that sounds good is more time in bed. *sigh* Today is going to be a long day.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

I have too many of these nights. I hope you've slept well since.