Saturday, July 07, 2007

What I Did Today

I started the day by cleaning the apartment. It feels so good to get things clean and spiffy. The cats hate it but it has to be done.

We got our property tax refund and Bob gave me half so I could go clothes shopping. I had a list in my mind of what I needed but I also had some things I wanted. I had what amounted to roughly $200 to play with. I started my day at the high end consignment store hoping to get at least a t-shirt or two. I came away with a red denim dress, a pair of Liz Claiborne shorts, slip on brown sandals, and three t-shirts. The best buy here was probably the sandals which were leather and only cost me $13.00. Although the Liz Claiborne shorts were only $10 so that was good too.My next stop was the mall. I wanted to check out Von Maur which is somewhere I usually NEVER shop since they are super expensive and hoity toity. However I thought they might carry the Liz Claiborne women's line and I wanted to see what they had. I was in luck, I found a pair of Liz Claiborne capri pants and added two t-shirts. Even though the stuff was on sale, I spent the most here. The capris were $36 and the shirts were $15.I was on my way to the next store when I saw that Kohl's was having a sale on shoes. I was able to get another pair of leather slip on sandals to replace a pair I bought in Amsterdam 7 years ago. They were only $15. I also got a pair of walking shoes to replace the pair I bought 2 years ago. They were on sale for $25! Two pair of leather shoes for under $50!My last stop was CJ Banks. They were having a HUGE sale and I did really well. I got three pairs of pants and three shirts. The best buy was a pair of light lime capri pants for $7.00. I didn't spend over $20 for anything in this store.Oh...I forgot. I also stopped by Lane Bryant to get some underwear. They were having a sale where you could get five pair for $15 so I got five pair. Not a bad day of shopping. I am set for summer/early fall. Now I just need to gear up for fall/winter/early spring. This was a good weekend for the summer shopping as every store is having sales to move the summer stuff out to make room for the fall stuff.

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Damn, you sure got a lot for the money you had!! That red dress looks real cute, and so do those pastel-y striped pants (or shorts?). Next time you're looking for bargains, you may want to try the Goodwill store if you have one near you. I went to mine, looking for books, and just for the heck of it looked at their jean shorts, and scored 5 pairs for only $3.50 each, and they were brand name, and in great condition! Bargains rule!!!

Tuesday said...

Cute clothes! I love going shopping for everything in one go. Much more fun that getting things piecemeal. And new shoes. You are going to look so good.

Yvonne said...

WOW! You did great on your shopping trip. Very pretty.

Sleepynita said...

You did really well, I love bargain shopping!