Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Merry Christmas

Where in the world did this weekend go? I had 5 days off and it seems like I need another 5 just to catch my breath.

Friday was graduation, of course. It was awesome. I shared photos and thoughts on the day in my last post. There is one thing I will regret for a good long time and that is that we didn't take any family photos with me and my folks, grandma, brother, sister-in-law, or nephews. None. None of them with me before or after the ceremony. None of me in my graduation finery with my family. I am so bummed about this and wish we could go back in time and redo at least that much.

Saturday morning I ran errands and took some photos. It had snowed over night and there was a beautiful frosty coating on everything. After that, I met my mom, dad, and grandma at my grandma's place and caravaned with them to my uncle's house for our family Christmas. It was a nice time of family togetherness. There were a couple of dampers in that my dad had a health issue and my grandma is so very hard of hearing. But for those, the day was lovely. I got home around 11!

Sunday morning I got up and did our laundry. While at the laundromat, the weather turned and it began to snow. It was snowy, swirly, and windy. My mom called to say they were on their way back to southern WI in hopes of getting home before the weather got too bad.

Once laundry was done, I headed back for home to pack for our mini weekend away. Bob and I drove to downtown Minneapolis amidst the snowy, swirly, windy weather. What would normally would take us 10 or 15 minutes took us 40. We checked in and got settled into our room. It was a 2 room suite with a large bathroom. We were on the 9th floor and had a nice view southwest. Once we were settled, we decided to get a bite to eat at Britts Pub. While there I found out my brother and his family were driving south to their home. This worried me due to the nastiness of the weather but my brother was not to be deterred.After dinner we walked down Nicollet Mall and enjoyed the sights. The parade didn't start for another hour so we ducked into Target to look around. The downtown Target was crazy busy and the Mall was actually pretty hustle-y and bustle-y. At 6:30, we were ready for the Hollidazzle parade to start. It was so nice. Though it was really cold and blustery and snowy, it certainly made for a festive atmosphere. I took a lot of photos and had a great time.By the time we got back to the hotel, both Bob and I were about frozen solid. We stood by the fireplace in the hotel lobby for a while. When we got to our room, I turned the heat up and called down for an extra blanket. The blanket never arrived but we found ways to stay warm. Watching the Vikings lose was one way to stay hot under the collar!
On Monday we got up and went to a local place for brunch. It was delicious. The weather was better too. It was still cold but it was no longer snowing and the sun was out.
After brunch we went to Macy's to see their Christmas display. (Along with everyone else in the free world.) We took the skyway and I was actually surprised at the amount of people out and about. I was REALLY surprised at the amount of people shopping at Macy's and Target. Bob and I went to Target to get each other stocking stuffers and we had a hard time finding things for each other from the picked over shelves. We did NOT have a hard time finding Valentine's things though. Weird.
The rest of the day was spent just hanging out and relaxing. We ordered Chinese food delivered to the hotel and enjoyed a kick back evening at the hotel. We slept in this morning, checked out, and headed for home.

I vacuumed our home, put our gifts away, and unpacked. I plan on going to bed early. Tomorrow I go back to work and I can't figure out where all my time off went.

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

What a nice five days "off!"