Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Dolled Up

I love the new vacuum. Bob asked why we needed a new vacuum. So I showed him. I put a new bag in our old vacuum (which is an 8 year old Hoover upright) and went over the floors. Then I put together and plugged in the new machine. The amount of cat hair and crap that still came up was enough to fill the bagless dirt holder twice. Gah! THAT is why we needed a new vacuum. He's a believer now. I've used it every day since buying it on Sunday and it's still picking up stuff. LOVE the new vacuum.

I had continuing education classes yesterday and today. Yesterday I wore make-up and today I didn't. When I got to class someone commented that I wasn't all dolled up today as I had been yesterday. My hair was exactly the same, my outfit both days was just jeans and a sweater. The only difference was that I wasn't wearing make-up today. How does that make me dolled up yesterday? I know there is a huge difference in my look sans make-up but really? That much difference? Huh.

Tonight I am going to see Cinematic Titanic at the Acme Comedy Club. I. Can't. Wait. I will bring the camera but I don't know their rules on photography. Still, I can't allow a photo opportunity to pass me by.

4 comments:

Kathy said...

egad! You are brave! I don't go anywhere without my face spackled!

Thor and I used to live in the Itasca Building, where the Acme Comedy Club is. Have fun!

Oh - and I might go out and get me that very same vacuum cleaner you got. Thanks for the suggestion, even though I didn't ask.

Anonymous said...

Dolled up is such a silly term really. I'm sure you looked great both days!

What kind of vacuum did you get? I want a Dyson but since we just spent over $1000 on getting central vac I think I'd get in a little bit of crap if I came home with one!

Rhea said...

I, too, love a good, strong vacuum cleaner. I have a crummy one now. I would love a Dyson.

Kayte said...

Email me with the name of your new vacuum, please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top? I have tried this one and that one and the other one and I can't seem to find one I like. I would love to know what works for you.

Kayte