Monday, February 18, 2008

Pondering

I am taking steps to wean myself off of Coke (the cola, not the drug) and so far today I’ve had none.  However, the amount of times I’ve thought of Coke over the past 7 hours?  Approximately every 4.2 seconds.  A guy I work with just opened a soda and just the sound of the little metal tab cracking drinking surface open makes my mouth water.  I don’t even know if it was a Coke the guy opened.  I just know that I would hand over my wedding band right now for a little Coke with lime.  Arg!

So, is everybody ready for Wednesday evening’s lunar eclipse viewing?  I am, I am!  I printed out a list of all the county parks that are hosting viewing parties and will be choosing the park I visit on the basis of it’s darkness ratio, accessibility in case Bob wants to join me, and level land for optimum tri-pod planting.  I can’t wait to try my new lens to see if it makes any difference in photo quality.

Question:  Why is it that everyone assumes that the elevator that arrives will arrive empty when usually it arrives with people waiting to get off?  The people inside the narrow box must then navigate around all the rubes standing directly in front of the doors as soon as they open.  There should be a rule that people waiting to get on the elevator stand at least 10 feet away from the door so as to allow passengers to disembark.  Maybe paint a big black line for those who enjoy a good visual aid.  Oh, and another question: Why does this bother me so much?

I just realized that all the infertility bloggers I’ve read are all moms now.  Yep, all of them.  And while I’m so happy for them and glad to read of their triumph over infertility I wonder where the new infertility bloggers are.  Am I just in a blog reading rut?  These women all gave me hope and inspiration while simultaneously writing of things that I could relate to and identify with.  That’s no longer the case.  We are still wading through the trough of childlessness and it’s still hard.  Does anyone have any suggestions as to where I can turn in order to read some good, even humorous, infertility blogging?

In sort of relation to the above, I will say that the, uh “lovin’ time” with Bob has been exceeding and abundantly better this past couple of months.  It’s almost equal to honeymoon passion now that we are just doing it when the mood strikes instead of in timed intervals between doctor visits.  Huh, who knew?

No comments: