Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Just Say No to Injectibles

So after a weekend of doing a whole lot of nothing, I am doing better.  I turned the corner yesterday as far as breathing goes.  I don’t feel like I am struggling to breathe and every deep breath and yawn “catches” now so, Yay!  I did manage to get laundry done and I bought and planted flowers on our patio (photos forthcoming).

Yesterday I walked to work AND walked to lunch.  I have a nice big blister on my left foot now to show for it, yet it was a lovely day and I had a great time.  I took my camera and took pictures along the way.  I will post those as well.  You tend to notice a lot more as you walk than you would were you to drive.  At least I do.  I listen to my favorite morning radio show along the way but am working my way up to not having any outside distractions as I walk.  The birds were singing away and I was trying my hardest to recognize and name them by their calls.  So far I can only name the robin and the cardinal.

I had my post operative appointment with my RE today.  She gave me a clean bill of health and the OK to go down the insemination road.  We are going to start insemination without drugs first.  We have our first insemination consult a week from tomorrow.  Both Bob and I have to attend as we both have to give blood.  Plus it’s good for both of us to be on the same page and be aware of all that is entailed as we go.  If insemination without drugs does not work then we will move to insemination using Clomid.  Bob and I are concerned about conceiving multiples.  We have neither the time, energy, strength, nor resources to parent multiples and do not think it responsible to go down a road that will likely lead to them.  A normal woman’s chance of conceiving more than one child is 4% at any given time.  Using Clomid, her chances double to 8% and if results in multiples will most likely result in twins.  Bob and I talked about it and we feel that twins would be fine with us.  More than that, though…nuh uh. If we don’t get pregnant after that, we are done and will try to find another way to build our family.  My RE said the next step after Clomid is injectibles and the likelihood of conceiving multiples on injectibles increases to 15+%.  So, no injectibles for us.

My patio garden is shaping up to be beautiful.  So far I’ve planted geraniums, pansies, snapdragons, phlox, and gerbera daisies in patio pots.  Bob had me plant three pots of morning glories as they are his favorite flower.  We planted one called Heavenly Blue, we have two red kinds, and we planted a white called the moonflower which is supposed to flower at night.  I still have to buy liners for my railing boxes.  Once that’s done, I will plant petunias, vincas, allysum, and dianthus in them.  Finally, I am going to plant impatiens and begonias on my other, shady balcony.  Then we will be done and able to enjoy the beauty of flowers all summer long.  It’s really fun to be able to do this.  I’ve never been able to garden before and find it enjoyable and a nice way to pass the time.

I am ashamed to admit this but I have really let myself go.  I have not been following the guidelines set forth to me by my bariatric clinic and am far fatter than I would like.  I need to get back on the program not just for me, but for the baby I hope to conceive.  I am back on the plan.  No more soda!  More protein and roughage than anything.  Little to no white sugar and white flower.  More walking and bike riding (thankfully higher gas prices also help me with this one).  No more wine with dinner. I feel fine; I just don’t like how I look or my diminished energy level.  I also hate my eating habits these days.  I allowed myself to self medicate with food last year during my depression and I am done with that.  No. More.

No comments: