Monday, May 07, 2007

More Myself

I feel more myself than I have felt in 4 days. I still have a little bit of pain in my right shoulder but my friend Ibuprofen has been by my side helping me out significantly.

I stayed home from work today because I felt as if I needed one more day to recoup. I am glad I did. I slept until almost 11 and it felt so good. I slept so well that I woke up in the exact same position I fell asleep in. It was the first really good night's sleep I've had since the surgery. I am a stomach sleeper and since I have sutures in my stomach, it's not so easy to sleep in that position.

We got some rain today but in between showers I was able to get outside for the first time in a couple of days. I wanted to take photos of the lilacs in bloom before all the flowers went away for another season. The smell was intoxicating. I wish we had a lilac bush in our apartment courtyard because the fragrance is so amazing. Thankfully, there are lots and lots of lilacs blooming near the roadways of our town so I was able to capture the colors and flowers on film. Too bad we don't have an invention that captures smells for later inhaling. Anyhoodle, check my Flickr badge for the most recent photos.

Not much else is new. I have my 2 week post-op appointment with my RE on the 15th. Bob is excited because he really feels like we will get pregnant THIS year. I feel it too. The other night, though, he said he feels like he will only be half a dad. I reminded him that he will NOT be half a dad. He is going to be completely present and totally involved and that is 100% dad. He will be amazing.

I start school a month from today. I get my financial aid award letter sometime this week and should be all set to attend my last 5 classes. I am looking forward to getting that all done, finally.

I think 2007 is the year of completion. Completion of school. Completion of a new business. Completion of the start of a family.

No comments: