Saturday, May 05, 2007

Surgery Update

The procedure went fine. The RE made an incision in my belly button and was able to get her instruments and scope inside to check out my uterus, ovaries, and fallopian tubes. She found a little bit of endometriosis and adhesions down behind my uterus and around my ovary. She also found scar tissue by my colon. She cut that all out. She did a dye test on both fallopian tubes and both flowed just fine. She also cut away the tissue that was blocking my ovary and could have been preventing eggs from finding their way to the fallopian tube. She also found a staple down in my pelvis which could have been from one of my previous surgeries...most likely my gallbladder surgery. She removed it of course.

Overall my tubes and ovaries look good and my RE was able to remove all the endometriosis I did have. She also looked inside at my intestines, bowel, and bladder and everything looked as it should. I am to make a follow-up appointment for two weeks from now in order to talk over what happens next.

I am doing OK today. My neck and shoulders hurt worse yesterday than my actual incision site. I was told that is a normal consequence of the gas they use to inflate my belly for the surgery. However, today my belly is so sore and is doing a good job competing with the pain in my shoulders. Thankfully I was given an RX for Percoset for the pain and that seems to do the trick. I do find that I tire a lot faster than I thought or expected I would. When I'm sitting or resting, I feel pretty good so then I get up and start to do stuff and find that I'm not as "fine" as I thought, so more rest is in order obviously. I plan on getting rest the rest of this weekend. Thankfully the weather is going to cooperate since it's been cloudy, rainy, and somewhat dreary here. Good indoor weather to be sure.

I did get out this afternoon for just about a half an hour and thought I was going to drop, so I was happy to get home and just sit and rest. I wish I had thought to get to the library and stock up on good books because there is NOTHING on TV.

No comments: