Wednesday, June 14, 2006

*Sigh* Back to the drawing board

So the 32 hour work week is not going to happen.  At least not at this job.  Its all too technical to get into here but it has to do with full-time staff and billable hours and temps and supervisors and office politics and blah, blah, blah.  What they did offer me was a half day of work on Monday (my school day) and a 9 hour work day the rest of the week.  Y-e-e-a-a-a-h.  Not exactly what I was looking for.  So I am searching the job board to see what I can see. They did have the nerve to ask me if I wouldnt consider putting off my last semester for another year since I seem to feel so overwhelmed.  Ummmno.  I only have 4 classes and 5 months left of this school thing and I dont want to put it off for another year.

Bob called.  He ran over Chloe.  Poor kittens and their infernal curiosity.  She is OK but he said she screamed louder than Zoe and Daisy came running to her rescue.  He said Daisy came running with a low, guttural growl and when she got to him, she arched her back, puffed her fur and hissed at him as though he were plotting the kittens demise.  He hissed back at her and she backed down, but how funny!  Chloe hid for a while but came out to play with her sister later and seemed fine.

Bob worked at the store last night and did I go to bed early?  No, I did not.  I stayed up until well after 10, drinking a Mikes Hard Apple Premium Malt Beverage and playing Text Twist.  It was heavenly.  An earlier bedtime might be in order tonight though.  Poor Bob.

No comments: