Monday, October 02, 2006

We Had a Happy Anniversary

This is the restaurant where we celebrated our 5th wedding anniversary. It's a quaint little bistro-type place in a hoity toity far western suburb. When I called to make reservations, I told the host about Bob's wheelchair and our need for accessibility. I also told them it was our anniversary and this would be our first visit to their establishment. The host was very accomodating and told me that they would cone off an area in the back parking lot for us to park next to the restaurant and they would have a table in the back just for us.

When we got to the restaurant, there was a coned off area just behind the building as had been described to me.. We went in through the back entrance and rolled right up to a table in the back meant just for us. Our server showed us where to sit and took our drink orders right away. With our drinks, she brought us our menus and told us the specials. This restaurant is known for having a game dish on the menu, but today the most game-like dinner was the fish. Not being in the mood for fish, I ordered bacon wrapped pork tenderloin and Bob ordered rack of lamb. What I really wanted was the pumkin raviolli but it was stuffed with ricotta and shrimp and I am allergic to the shellfish. Booo.


The server recommended a lovely white chardonay to go with my meal. Afterwards, we ordered Creme Brulee for dessert. While we waited for dessert, I used the restroom. When I came back, my water glass had been refilled and my napkin had been refolded. Schmancy! When dessert came, it came out with a candle on the plate and we received a personalized card with a gift card for $10 off our next visit.

Our dinner was lovely. The restaurant was romantic, the staff was attentive, the food was amazing, and the company...well, I could not do any better than Bob. He is amazing. He surprized me by having a beautiful floral bouquet delivered to me at work. Then, when I got home, there were more flowers waiting for me. He spoils me and I love it.

I bought a small cake from the baker than did our wedding cake and we celebrated at home with that and...other stuff. All in all, it was a wonderful day and a wonderful way to celebrate our marriage.

The rest of the weekend was spent doing a whole lot of nothing. Although Sunday was nice for me because I got to see some extended family. My aunt and uncle celebrated their 60th birthdays and 40th wedding anniversary AND a new remodel on their house. (as always, click the Flickr badge to see photos.) My cousin was in from L.A. and it was really good to see her again.

The weather this weekend was amazing. It was truly Indian summer with warm, sunny skies and a nice breeze blowing falling leaves around. Today was much the same. Unfortunately the cooler temps are coming back and we expect rain and storms tomorrow. Bah. I did get some nice fall photos today though.

Oh! I no longer have to cheat on my coffeehouse of choice. I was in there this morning and they have introduced their own pumpkin spice coffee product. I know they are only copying *bux, but who cares. I love the 'bou and miss them in the fall when I cheat on them for Bux's pumpkin spice lattes. Now I don't have to! Whoot!

Today was the start of our United Way Week of Caring. I am off to a good start with my raffle entries and prize guesses. I also bought a little something at the Tupperware sale this morning. I got those tiny little Tupperware containers that people use for vitamins and condiments. I didn't have any previously and since they were 10% off, now was a good time to buy.

Mondays are half days for me so I left at noon and went to the grocery store. They were advertising their Coke products on sale so I got 5 12-packs for $10. That's $2 a 12-pack! Score! I also stopped at Michael's to get an idea on how much it would cost to frame a painting we have had for 5 years but never framed. I want to get it done for Bob's birthday. It was painted by his grandma. She was one of his favorite persons in the whole world and she died about 6 months before our wedding. This is a good time to get the painting framed as Michael's is having a huge sale on all things framing. I am hoping to get this done by Saturday. I did find 2 really nice frames...now I just have to choose between them.

So that was our weekend and much of today. Wish we could have this weather all week long. I really need to dig up my patio flowers and plant bulbs for spring. If I had had the time today, I would have done it. Unfortunately I had to get to counseling and get our laundry done. Hopefully there will be some good weather this weekend so I can get our patio garden all cleaned up and replanted in time for the first frost. However, I still have about a dozen boxes to unpack and the contents to put away, so we'll see.



1 comment:

Kathy said...

Uh, honey? That Pumpkin spice steemer thingamabob at your coffee place? Is that coffee? Because I tried it and lordy, hated it with a capital Hate. Is it a chai maybe? Or a tea? I can't shake that nutmeg out of my system. It's back to bux for me! Thanks for the challenge though.

And thanks for the soda info. That's a winner!