Sunday, February 12, 2006

Just Filling Time Until Grey's Anatomy Comes On

The picture you see above is my very first Photoshopped photo. I took both photos but the dolphin one was just of the dolphin and the one with the kids was just of the kids looking at the dolphin tank. In Image Creation class last week, I learned how to crop and paste photos. I also learned how to smudge, clone, burn, and other fun stuff in order to make bolder, better, greater photos. Go me! Photoshop is my new best friend.

The walk yesterday was OK. At Ridgedale, where Bob and I were to walk, we were joined by 3 others and got about $550 in contributions. In total, we raised almost $8,000 with this fundraiser. It's not as much as we had hoped, but now we are 2/3 of the way to the van and we have almost exactally 2 months to raise the rest.

After the walk, we joined Bob and one of his sisters and one of his brothers and their families at a church Valentine's day dinner. It was a very nice event. The group put on the dinner and served the meal to raise money for a summer missions trip. The dinner was mexican in motif. The appetizer was chips and con queso. There was a salad and the main course was "mexican" chicken, a cheese quesidilla, and refried beans. Dessert was a delish puffed pastry with cream and raspberry filling. Yum. After dinner, we had a group picture taken and then a photo of just me and Bob. I like the group photo of all of us, but I look like a big fat blob in the one of me and Bob. Blech.

Bob and I exchanged Valentine's gifts already. I couldn't wait. His gift to me was Godiva chocolates. My gift to him consisted of chocolate, underwear, candles, and a coupon for food and love...not necessarily in that order. We hope to have dinner out on Tuesday night.

We got our federal tax return on Friday. It's mostly gone because we had a bunch of bills to pay. However, we did splurge on a juicer for Bob. Last year's tax return went towards my laptop for school. At that time I promised Bob that this year's tax return could be spent however he wanted to spend it. He wanted to pay bills and buy a juicer. The only way Bob will eat fruit is in juice. It's a good way for him to get his vitamins and eat nutritiously. We should get it in about a week or so. He's so excited. I hope I made a good decision on the juicer I eventually bought.

My grandma is moving here at the end of the month. I am so excited about this. She will be about 2 miles from our place so we can see her whenever we want and have her for dinner. My parents will be here that weekend to help her move so I will get to see them too. Yippeeeee!

I have waited all weekend for Grey's Anatomy. Filling time until my favorite TV show starts. It's so good. Are you watching? If not, you should.

Happy Birthday Kathy! Posted by Picasa

No comments: