Monday, January 01, 2007

Family Time at Christmas


This is a picture of me with my mom, dad, and brother. We got together with my dad's side of the family today at Grandma's place.
The day began with me picking up my mom around 9 to do some shopping. We stopped at my favorite coffee shop for fortification first and then head out.
The store Mom wanted to check out was not yet open so we ran my shopping errands first. We stopped at Walgreen's to pick up some photos I had uploaded from Snapfish. While there I also found some half price Christmas wrap and some headphones for Pinky McShinesalot. I don't like the ear buds. I think I have weird ears. The right bud always falls out. So I got some head phones that slip over my ears and they are quite comfortable. Mom got herself a radio with a strap so she can wear it while working out.
Our next stop was in Uptown. I had to stop at a store there to get a wedding present. We perused the store and chatted with the clerk there. Turns out he was familiar with our home town. He had biked through it during an AIDS ride from the Cities to Chicago an apparently the locals made quite the favorable impression on him. That's always good to hear. Mom invited him to come back for a visit during Syttende Mai. Don't know if he will take her up on that or not.
After getting the wedding gift, we stopped at the upscale paper store up the street. I found a card, gift wrap, and a nice ribbon. I asked the sales gal if they had any premade bows since I am a bow dork. She said she would wrap the gift for me at no extra charge in order to show me how to tie a nice bow. She did a fantastic job but I don't think I can duplicate her technique.
We left the paper store and went back to the store Mom was interested in. I like the store but it's filled with furniture I could never afford. I LOVE the older cabinets and mirrors but can't see paying $4,000 for any one of them. Mom just got a couple of little doo dads to give as gifts.
We left there and went to the local Christmas bookstore. Mom found some Christmas cards on sale and got a calendar. I just used the bathroom. After that, I took her back to my grandma's place and I went home to get Bob.
We had to go to my grandma's to meet the rest of my family for our family Christmas. My dad has 5 brothers and all but one was there with their families. It was a large group and we had a good time. We had a nice meal, a gift exchange, and some fun fellowship. The kids played a cup stacking game, the Deal or No Deal board game, and cards. There was also a pool table and ping pong table to enjoy. It was nice catching up with everyone. We only get together with everyone a couple of times a year, so it's nice when it happens. Plus I see my own family so rarely that it was a treat to spend time with them.
Bob had to work, so I dropped him off and went back to hang out with the family. Once the party broke up, I went home and uploaded more songs to Pinky McShinesalot. I have almost 300 tunes on her now including the ones I uploaded from my own CDs. I love her. I also have podcasts all ready to go on her as well. My brother has a 20GB iPod and I felt guilty for having iPod envy. However, no one can compare to Pinky. She has my heart right now, don't you worry.

No comments: