Wednesday, March 19, 2008

A good day for once

Good things that happened today:

       

1.)     The eye doctor’s office called and my glasses are in!

2.)     I was interviewed for a position that pays more and is in the department I covet.

Over lunch I went to get my glasses.  I’m not sure how I feel about them.  I know I need a brow wax for sure but new glasses always put me off for a few days.  I can see better but I’m still getting used to the configuration of the progressive lenses and I feel kind of loopy.  Plus, when I get new glasses, I’m sort of flying blind as it were since I have to try them on without eyesight aid so I’m not sure if these are the right frames for me.

The interview went well.  It was only about 20 minutes long since I somewhat know the person that interviewed me.  I guess I have about as good a shot as any for the job but who knows.  It would be a great move and the pay is better so I’m hoping I get it. 

Bob’s pulmonary pressure test is tomorrow afternoon.  He is reluctantly going.  He has another sleep study scheduled for Monday night.  He said if they do these tests and still don’t find anything except more excuses for more and more invasive tests, he is done with it all.  I don’t blame him.  Still, I stand by my thought that they have to rule out things before they can diagnose anything.

No comments: