Sunday, April 23, 2006

Loving This Beautiful Spring Weekend


The photo at left is one of the geraniums I planted today. Along with geraniums, I planted pansies and petunias. I have some beautiful window box-type things with the coconut husk bottoms. I'll take a photo and share later. Bob planted morning glories and a wildflower mix, but his are in seed form planed in pots. We bring them in during the night but will be able to leave them out after mother's day. We LOVE flowers.

Yesterday I met some girlfriends for coffee and chatting. We ended up staying for 4 hours! It was nice to catch up and spend some time with the girls. We all have our stuggles and it's good to have someone to help bear up under them.

After coffee, Bob and I went on a date to Chili's for lunch. It was nice until a party of 5 adults and what seemed like a dozen little boys ages 8-12 showed up. They seated them right next to us and the boys were telling "your mom is so..." jokes which morphed into young boy sex and bodily function jokes. Not great for the appetite. We left Chili's and went to Wally World where we picked up some personal toiletries and the aforementioned pots and window boxes. after Wally World, it was home to do homework and housework.

Today Bob was in great pain and hadn't slept well the night before so he slept in and I did more homework and more domestic stuff. I made an egg bake for breakfast, put a roast in the crockpot for supper, and washed all the dishes.

Once Bob woke up, I made him coffee and heated up some egg bake for breakfast. Then we went to the flower place to get some flowers. the day started out cool, but by the time we got to the flower place, it was over 70. We meandered around, looking for flowers and trying to pick just a few out of the miriad of gorgeous flora available. At the checkout line, Bob saw a $5 bill and pointed it out to me to pick up. We asked everyone around us if it was theirs and all answered no. So we kept it and decided to stop at Dairy Queen on the way home.

When we got to Dairy Queen, we were just behind an entire baseball team. That was OK by me since the day was so gorgeous, it meant spending more time outside. We took our treats to the creekside to eat. We watched the little boys from the baseball team try to throw one another into the creek. After a while they got bored with that and just started heaving large rocks in to splash one another. As we left, Bob noticed a Porsch Boxster convertable parked in the only other handicapped space available. Nothing gets his ire up than people who don't need it, using the handicapped spaces. He used our cell and called the local police to report it. They took the info and said they would send a squad. They called us back to say the Porsche owner had a handicapped tag, it just wasn't displayed. We just think he has friends in high places.

The rest of the day was spent planting flowers and seeds, finishing homework, and just enjoying the end of a relaxing and beautiful weekend. I hope my flowers grow and bloom and stay beautiful. I've never had flowers before and am not sure what to expect. I know to keep them watered and fertilized, but beyond that, I am not sure. My potted tulips are done blooming. I snipped off the flowers but I do not know what to do with the bulbs now. So far, they are still planted in the pot. I also need to buy one more pot or box. My eyes were bigger than my planters and I have 3 little flowers still to plant. I just have to say there is nothing better than blogging from the patio. I am loving this spring.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I do agree some people take advantage of handicap parking spots and some get tags when they don't need them, please don't be quick to judge someone who owns a beamer that has tags as wealthy people have health issues too. Maybe that person has a heart/pulmonary(sp?)condition and cannot walk far. Living in South Florida I see all kinds. MANY people use their family member's car to go shopping. It is legal since the car has handicap tags. Also the caretakers will take advantage of this too. BUT, I've seen truly disabled people driving very expensive cars with handicap tags as well as less fortunate people. Disability knows no economic class.
Okay, I'm off my soapbox. I'm not lecturing, really =)