Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Welcome Spring!


Shy Tulip
Originally uploaded by SunFlowery.
Sorry I've been away so long. This time of year is crazy busy at work and it leaves little time for extras. Also, I started class again and am working on homework for that.

Since I last wrote lots has happened. Here is the catch up post.

Friday and Saturday I attended my church's womens conference. I was originally looking forward to it until Friday arrived. Then I wished I didn't have to go. It ended up being a very beneficial time and I think some healing occured in my heart. I realized that in my hurting heart, I have withdrawn from my church. I worked through some of that and feel a lot better about going to church. I took a bunch of photos which you can see if you click the Flickr badge. I even connected and reconnected with some women there and that felt good as well. I miss having girlfriends. I commuted to and from the event with one gal and had good talks with her each time. I also set up a time to get together with three other gals for coffee next weekend. Over all it was a good time and I am glad I went.

Sunday was Palm Sunday and both Bob and I made it to church and it was awesome. It is such a blessing to have a place to go every Sunday where we feel part of a family.

We picked up lunch on the way home from church and then I loaded up all our laundry and my schoolwork and went to the laundromat. We had 8 large loads and it took me 3 hours to do all the laundry. By the time it was done, I didn't feel like cooking, so I picked up dinner too. Good thing we made some money when we sold Bob's truck.

Bob was asked to speak to a men's group before they head to a larger men's breakfast. He was speaking to one of the Metro Mobility drivers and this guy remembered him and his positive attitude and called him up. Bob is excited about this. He has also been helping out the local MDA with some fundraising and networking. On Thursdays and Fridays, he has class. Since getting the van, he is a guy on the move.

Monday was a new class. This one is public relations. I really liked the first class. It doesn't seem like it's going to be too labor intensive so I think I am going to double up and take the class from which I withdrew last month at the same time. That way I can just be done in November. Whoot!

Oh! I forgot. On Saturday night Bob was at his sister's house visiting our nephew. I got home from the women's retreat and used the time to do something a tad unorthodox. I used the self timer function on our camera and took boudiour (not sure how to spell that) photos of myself for Bob. I printed them out and put them in a small photo album and gave it to him on Sunday. He LOVED it! He is paranoid about someone finding it, but he LOVED it nonetheless. Hee.

Bob finally made it to the place where he gave his sperm sample. It turns out he was in and out (ha!) in record time and it wasn't a big (ha!) deal after all. Not that it was his favorite thing to do, but at least it's done. Finally! Now all that's left to do is my uterine dye test next month and then we might have some answers. Or not. Who knows.

Ever since the women's conference, I have been feeling better. I think the 3 good cries I had and the resulting healing really helped. It doesn't hurt that it's spring and the weather has been beautiful and warm. We sleep with the sliding glass doors open and the cats are LOVING it! I also finally picked up my bike and am looking forward to taking a nice bike ride this weekend.

Speaking of this weekend, I may have to work on Saturday since it's tax day on Monday. We have no realy Easter plans other than maybe bringing my grandma to church and dinner after. If her sons make plans with her then we are on our own. I should really get something from the store to cook at home just in case. We don't have any easter basket stuff and have not colored eggs this year. Don't know if we will, but we have other years.

The photo at the top of this post is of a tulip plant I bought at Wal-Mart for $5. I bought the one plant that hadn't yet opened up. 24 hours later, they are in full bloom and are just gorgeous. I love me some tulips. I hope I can use the bulbs for future years. Happy Spring!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Could you BE any cuter, no, no you could not. I enjoyed immensely your sperm-sample puns, your shy tulips, and your boidoir photoshoot, you have a great attitude, I'm going to borrow some of it today!

Anonymous said...

You sound so uplifted! I'm sure it's answers to prayer!
Love your comments re....well "mom-on-roof stated them so aptly.
Have a "Happy Easter"!!!!