Thursday, August 10, 2006

Choke

I ended up getting three responses to my submitted applications.  Dont know yet if any of these jobs are anything I would really be interested in, but at least there are options.  Still, only three responses from over 30 submissions?  Thats not a very good return is it?  Oops, make it 4.  I just received a voicemail asking to set up an interview for one of the jobs I was really interested in, so yay!

Yesterday at work I had a horrible headache so I went to the first aid station and grabbed a couple of Excedrin.  As I took the first pill and swallowed a giant gulp of water, I knew it was going to stick and it did.  I began to choke on the pill in front of everyone in my office.  I began to spit up phlegm and someone ran to me with a waste basket to catch the drippings.  I could not cough it up, but it apparently lodged somewhere in my throat at a point that made it possible for me to still breath and talk and swallow.  Yet all the rest of the afternoon I kept tasting the medicine and felt it in the back of my throat.  It was so embarrassing. One of my co-workers looked ready to perform the Heimlich maneuver should it be required for my health and safety, but thank God that wasnt necessary.  Today I still have some irritation in my throat from the incident, but feel much better. 

I went to bed early last night and even so when my alarm went off this morning I had a hard time distinguishing what that noise was and where it was coming from.  It took me about a minute and a half to hit the snooze whereas usually I hit it before the first syllable is out of the DJs mouth.  I feel like I am walking in a fog today.  This is not good because we are working on a giant collating project for another department that needs to be completed and ready to hit the bed of the overnight truck first thing Monday morning.  I cant wait for Saturday.

No comments: