Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Frowny-Face

The bad day seems to be following me around.  Yesterday I had another visit to the clinic to check on the progress of the little follicle that could.  It is growing appropriately.  Then the tech said, “OK so we will see you for insemination at 11am on Thursday, right?”  What?  I told her that, no, the insemination was scheduled for 3pm Thursday.  She said, “No, no, no.  I need Bob to come in at 9 and you to come in at 11 on Thursday.”  OK. So I changed the appointment and asked for a collection cup because I know 9am is to Bob what 3am is to you and me.  Then I went to work and rearranged my schedule so I don’t have to come in until noon on Thursday. So insemination #3 is scheduled for 11am tomorrow.

The rest of the day was fine.  Then, after work I had to run to Walgreen’s to pick up my Hcg RX.  When I got back in my car, it wouldn’t start.  I knew the battery had been going but I was hoping I had a few more turnovers in it.  Apparently not.  I called Bob to come help me because I wasn’t positive it was the battery.  While standing there waiting for him, only 2 people asked if I needed help.  Of the dozen or so people who passed me, only 2 asked.  The rest shot me a dirty look like I was hogging the parking space on purpose and not giving it up for someone who has actual business inside the Walgreen’s.  Whatever dirty-lookers.  Bob came and I managed to get the jumper cables on my car without spark or fire and once properly charged, my car started just fine.  Whew!

Later last night I had to have Bob give me the Hcg shot.  If you ever have to have a loved one give you a shot, I recommend asking the ones who might have shot giving experience.  In Bob’s case, he used to be a veterinary technician and has given hundreds of shots in his day.  Last night’s shot was barely even a blip on my pain radar.  He’s a good little shot giver.

This morning I had my bi-annual dental visit.  I have a cavity.  Frowny face.  However, the dental technician told me I have the gums of a 15 year old!  She was thrilled with my gum health and tooth appearance, however I have to back to the dentist for a filling next month.

Hey!  If you are a twin cities reader, what are you doing Saturday from 10-noon?  Well, you COULD be helping a bunch of adults further their education.  My research writing team is conducting a focus group.  I need to bring 2 people and I’m having a dickens of a time finding 2 people to show up.  I’m getting to the point where I will just go to the college campus with $20 bills and bribe 2 kids to show up.  Help me further my education, get free bagels and coffee, AND share your opinion on voting and political candidates and their use of the internet.  You know you want to!  Leave me a comment to let me know you can make it and I will email you directions.  Thanks!

In response to a comment I received yesterday, I don’t believe the emergent church is one that, as a whole, deems women or wives below men or husbands.  There may be sects of that kind of church around the country.  The churches I’ve known of usually kind of have this, “lets all pull together.  You’re a leader, I’m a leader, lets just get things done,” tone and that’s what I like about them.  Still, we are careful in our choices and won’t commit to a church until we are clear on where they are coming from.

No comments: