Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Learning a New Language

Trying to have a baby with medical intervention is like learning a new language.  And thought my “teachers” are patient with me and will explain what everything means if I ask, if I don’t ask no one expounds making me think I should just know this stuff.  I just got a call from my nurse who gave me “The Plan”.  THE PLAN:  increase the Clomid from 100 to 150, add progesterone in lueteal phase, get day three labs and a new FUS.  See?  A new language. But I’m learning.  The increase in Clomid is easy enough to understand.  We are jumping 50 mg in order to better boost egg production.  Adding Progesterone in lueteal phase means that instead of waiting until ovulation, we will start it at insemination.  Day three labs means a blood draw on day three of my period which is the day after tomorrow.  Finally, the FUS is old hat…that’s the ultrasound using the vaginal wand.  Ah, Vaginal Wand, you are like a friend to me.  An invasive, slightly annoying friend, but a friend none-the-less.  I have an appointment at 7:30 on Friday.  The next insemination should be roughly around the 24th or 25th and then I begin another wait to get on the merry-go-round.

I went home for lunch today as I was expecting a delivery.  The delivery was there when I got home and yet the money I paid for the item has not been debited from my bank account yet.  I made the purchase online on Saturday and have the item in my hot little hand and yet no money has left my account.  I called the bank and they said they are just waiting for confirmation from the seller.  Has this happened to anyone else?  How long will this take to reconcile?  I like order and completion and having this transaction just hanging out there is driving me nuts.  On the plus side I have a shiny new flash for my Pentax and I LOVE it!

No comments: