Friday, September 07, 2007

Sneaking Suspicions

I have the sneaking suspicion that I’m not pregnant.  My morning basal temperature was lower today than yesterday.  It is supposed to get higher each day but today’s was lower.  Bummer.  I really want to be pregnant.  I feel like I’m watching a merry-go-round going round and round.  There are lots of pregnant women on the merry-go-round.  They are laughing, talking, and having fun.  Then there are those of us trying to get on the merry-go-round. We are looking for a way on.  We are trying everything we can do to get on but the ride won’t stop for us.  Every now and then a woman makes it on.  She tells us how she did it and it works for some but not others.  So we stand and wait and look for a way on.

It’s cooler today.  Our high MIGHT make it to 70 today.  It’s our first taste of fall weather and I’m loving it.  Although the danger of first frost now lurks around the corner and my morning glories are budding like crazy.  Figures.

I got a manicure today.  The building in which I work has a salon/spa.  It’s convenient when you need a haircut, facial, manicure, brow wax, etc.  I got my brows done yesterday and my nails done today.  My cuticles were driving me crazy.  So much so that I bit the heck out of the corner of one of my fingers on my left hand.  Thankfully the nail tech did not admonish me but only congratulated me for coming in before I bit all the other fingers to pieces.  She was great.  She had a photo of her young self with a young Elvis circa 1968 and they totally looked like a couple.  She just happened to be in the right place at the right time for a remarkable photo opportunity.  I hope to save the cash to see her every couple of months or so.

I leave today to see my mom.  I have no plan other than to be her chauffer and care-taker.  Hope it’s a nice visit.

No comments: