Thursday, October 11, 2007

Counting Down the Hours

I don’t think it would be physically possible for me to be any more tired than I am today without falling over.  I have caught my head bobbing and nodding off as I work AND as I use the restroom.  If I had a thousand dollars, I would pay someone to let me sleep.

Last night I met my classmates at the school library.  We went over our final paper, our charts and graphs, and our final presentation.  We started working at 6pm and when we finally finished, it was just after 11.  I got home around 11:30 and was in bed by midnight.  I had to get up at 5:30 this morning in order to be to work by 7.  I am hoping and praying that class lets out early today just so I can get home and go to bed.  Who cares, at this point, about the final presentation?

Did I mention that we all received an email from our professor on Tuesday saying he was changing the way he is grading this thing and now he’s including an individual grade?  This prompted a flurry of email to him from our group because we all worked on this thing in a pretty collaborative way and no one person really did any one thing.  Apparently the other group has been having issues and difficulties and he instituted this new grading policy because of what’s going on with them.  He did send us an email back assuring us the new grading policy will not adversely affect us. After all the work we’ve put in, I sure hope not.  Our group met together 4 or 5 times outside of school for a no less than 4 hours each time.  The other group never ONCE met together outside of class.  I can’t tell you how glad I will be when this class is over.

I heard from the radio station I wrote to Saturday night.  (It’s only Thursday.)  They thanked me for contacting them and for submitting my resume. They said if I was invited to the next round of interviews, I would be sent an application.  Okay.  So I will wait and see.  In the meantime, I’ve called my career counselor at school to see if I can set up an appointment with her.  I am wondering if it would behoove me to take some broadcasting classes in order to get caught up on radio technology since the late 1990’s.  I haven’t heard back from her yet so we’ll see.

I have being overtired.  I just feel so crappy today.  It doesn’t help that I have my period and am all crampy and achy too.  When I’m overtired, my tummy gets easily nauseous and rumbly and my attitude gets short and snappy.  Oh, I’m a joy to be around today.  It ALSO doesn’t help that one of my classmates just emailed me to tell me that we need to add information to our final presentation power point. Arg!

No comments: