Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Disturbing Dreams

I didnt sleep well last night.  Or rather I did until the dreams.  The first dream was so realistic; I woke up with tears running down my cheeks.  In fact, when I realized I was awake and the dream had been a dream, I was so relieved.  Still, I woke Bob up so he could hold me for a while.  What was the dream?  It started out kind of kooky like most dreams.  I was late for a rocket launch and I had a critical piece of equipment.  I got to the launch site just 1:33 before the launch and was JUST in time.  The cast of CSI was there as rocket scientists.  In my dream I kept looking for my dad.  Finally, I asked someone where he was and they said he had left the launch site just minutes before I arrived.  I was bummed but knew I would see him later in the day so I didnt let it bother me.  Once the rocket launched successfully, I drove to my parents house. Mom was there but Dad wasnt which was weird since he had left the launch site before I even arrived.  Soon we noticed Dads truck was parked on the street next to the house and he was in the truck but slumped over the steering wheel.  I called 911 but instead of getting a 911 representative, I heard another guy calling 911 for an emergency on his end.  I tried again and got a representative but could barely hear her.  She must have heard me because soon after I hung up, I heard the sirens from the police and ambulance.  They came and put my dad on a stretcher and it was determined that he was dead.  Mom, my brother, and I were all there and we were devastated.  We were told the ambulance would take dad to the morgue and they would call us later about making arrangements for burial.  I remember telling mom it was a good thing she and dad updated their will just recently (which really happened).  Then Mom, my brother, and I began dividing up who to call and inform and tasks to do. I had to call my work and tell them I wouldnt be there even though its tax/IRA season because my dad just died.  Somewhere in the middle of making all these calls, I woke up.  It was exactly 3 a.m. and my cheeks were wet with tears.  I didnt sleep very well after that and had other disturbing dreams, but nothing quite so real or upsetting.

I started driving Honor to the wooded trail system nearby to walk her in the morning.  She loves it.  Its like doggy Disneyland.  So many smells and sounds and small animals to try and chase.  We walk for 30 minutes and she gets all her business done and gets good exercise while I get to enjoy the sounds of nature.  We hear chickadees, robins, woodpeckers, cardinals, and geese and ducks.  We see squirrels and chipmunks and evidence of deer and other wildlife.  Its a picturesque walk and goes quickly. Its been kind of cold these past 2 mornings and it takes me hours to fully warm up after, but when spring really hits, its going to be awesome.

Last night I went to Simply to the Table to make up our 9 meals.  It was so much fun, as always.  Holly rocks and runs a great place.  This month features cheesy blue pasta, chicken bacon ranch pizza, chicken with Asian rice, herbed steak with mushrooms, olive chicken, Italian twice baked potatoes, paprika turkey with white beans, beef soft tacos, and sweet slow cooker pork chops.  Mmmmmm.  I have the pork chops in the crock pot for tonight.  We usually eat the pizza on Friday and the rest we will eat as we go.  What a treat to be able to go here and partake of such fresh, yummy food.  Next month features a recipe I submitted and I cant wait to see how it turns out.

Tomorrow is the big day. We pick up the van, have it modified for Bob, and take it home.  Of course I will take pictures so be sure to click the Flickr badge later tomorrow or the next day.  Saturday we are going to see 2 homes in Western WI.  I like the looks of one better than the other, but I like the location of the otherso well see.  Because we are going to these showings I wont be able to sleep in, which after last night, I really need.  I feel as though I am walking in a fog today.  Maybe tonight should be an early night.  Hopefully I will sleep better.

1 comment:

Kitty said...

So, let's have it---did you pick up the van? If so, how did it go?