Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Snouty McSnouterson


Snouty McSnouterson
Originally uploaded by SunFlowery.
Don't know why that photo is so yellow but I love the look on Honor's face. She does this groan-y growl-y thing when she lays down. Bob says it's a shepherd thing. Rrrrrrrrrr.

It's a good thing I didn't set my heart on the house going up for auction next month. I called the auction house to get the particulars and found out that there is a reserve between $600,000 and $700,000. Yeah, that's not going to happen.

So tonight we almost had an ER visit. While I was making dinner, Bob took Honor out for a walk. He didn't put her gentle leader on and he didn't have his wheelchair seatbelt on. Honor saw some people she wanted to say hi to and took off pulling Bob from the chair and onto the sidewalk. He smacked his head on the same place he hit it when he fell in November. Which is the reason why we got the dog in the first place.

I called the doctor's office and they said if he seemed fine, he could stay home but if he had nausea, vomiting, tingling in the extremeties, or weird eye things, he should head to the ER right away. I wanted him to go anyway as the cut on his head could use 2 or 3 stitches, but he vetoed that idea. So far he's been OK, but I am watching him. What we learned from this is to ALWAYS put Honor's gentle leader on her, Bob always needs to wear the seatbelts when walking her, and she may be smart, but she's still a puppy.

I feel a little better today but I am going to look for a therapist that's on my insurance plan. I think it's time to re-enter some counseling. The last time I was in counseling on a regular basis was about 5 or 6 years ago. I can't believe it's been that long. It seems like I was in some kind of therapy every year since college. Time to go back. Thanks for your kind emails and kind words.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you're feeling better! Also glad you're considering finding a therapist as it sounds like a good thing to do. But I do have one question, if you've struggled with depression, as it sounds like you have, it also sounds like you've been off medication. Why would you not want to keep on with it just to keep your 'levels' constant?

BYW, how is your husband this morning? That mishap sounded like it could have been pretty serious. Hope he's none the worse for wear and was mostly just shaken up. I'll keep praying!