Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Today is as lovely as a day you could ever hope for.  It is sunny with deep blue skies and a cool warmth that signals the beginning of autumn. GORGEOUS!

I was given about a dozen boxes at work today.  They all have covers and handles and are sturdy.  These are the best boxes to use when moving.  I guess they were used to store some files but those files were shredded and the boxes were up for grabs so I got them.

I went to the doctor last night and the verdict is…a yeast infection in my belly button.  Blech.  I was given an RX for both a powder and a cream.  Oh!  And I talked to my doctor about my antidepressant.  I am going to change to Zoloft and see if that helps me feel less anxious and depressed.  I am slowly weaning off the Celexa and will slowly pick up the Zoloft.  Hopefully it will make a difference.

I dream about painting our condo as I fall asleep at night.  I am leaning more towards a warm pumpkin color for our living/dining room area than the purple I originally thought I wanted.  It might go better with our yellow kitchen.  I still am not sure about the main bathroom.  Maybe an almondy-green color.  I like sage, but it might clash with some of the stuff I have.  Still, for sure the kitchen will be yellow and the bedroom blue.  The office/2nd bedroom will also be blue, but I am hoping to paint it a different blue than the bedroom.  Man, I wish we had unlimited funds so I could gut the place, redo everything, get all new window treatments and furniture and move in.  Ha! 

I have a second interview tomorrow for the job I would most like to get.  I haven’t heard anything from the gal I interviewed with on Monday even though I emailed her a list of references and faxed her a copy of my last review.  I have another interview on Monday with another lady from another department.  This job changing is slow going.

Only 3 more days until my 20th class reunion.  I have no idea what to expect except that it will be casual.  They are holding it in the banquet room of our town’s local bowling alley.  I know of at least 3 girls who will be there but other than that, I am at a loss.  I will take pictures of course.  Bob is not coming with me but he was able to bow out only because he promised to pay close attention and sit patiently though the photo slide show I will bring home with me.  It will be a fast trip.  I am leaving after work on Friday which means I won’t get to my folks’ house until after 10.  Saturday morning I am meeting a friend.  Saturday afternoon I am going to my nephew’s football game.  Then I have to find time to get a manicure and some new makeup before the reunion at 7.  Then Sunday is church, lunch with the family, and I hit the road for Minnesota.  Whew!  No rest for the weary this weekend.

Bob (and I) got a little a surprise today when our mortgage lender emailed me at work to say we owe nearly $400 for an appraisal and credit report.  We weren’t expecting this and can probably come up with it, but since we weren’t expecting it, we haven’t budgeted accordingly. Bob is afraid they will nickel and dime (hundred and thousand) us all the way up to closing.  However, all is not lost. I called our realtor and she said that is part of the closing costs and we are in a no closing cost loan.  She said that he usually waives that fee for first time home buyers though so she was going to call and see if she could get that waived for us.  Cool.  Bob feels MUCH better now, as do I.  This is all new to us and we have NO idea what to expect. Thank GOD we have an awesome realtor who takes the time to walk us through each aspect of this new experience.  She is amazingly patient, wise, and helpful.  I don’t know what we would do without her.

No comments: