Thursday, June 21, 2007

No test needed

I do not need a pregnancy test to tell me if I’m pregnant or not.  I woke up this morning with cramps and spotting and as the morning has progressed, so has my period.  What’s weird is that it’s 5 days early.  I’m never 5 days early.  Oh well.  I guess it’s better finding out this way than taking the test and waiting for the results only to be told it was negative.  I still have an appointment tomorrow to test my progesterone. 

I am disappointed but not surprised.  While I wanted so badly to be pregnant, I just knew it didn’t happen this time.  Unfortunately, my subconscious self is not as placated since last night featured a pregnant me in every scene of every dream I can remember.  Do you know how disconcerting it is to wake up with the “reality” of pregnancy in your mind from your dreams only to have to begin monthly crimson fluid cleansing and management?  No?  Well, it’s plenty disconcerting.

So it’s onward and upward.  I will make an appointment on day 5 of my cycle (Which will be Monday) for them to test whatever it is inside my uterus.  Once there is a determination on that, they will decide if I need a D & C or not.  If I have a D & C, we will not inseminate in July and will have to wait until August.  I have high hopes for August.

I took photos of my bloody eye last night and posted them in Flickr.  Click the badge at right to see it in all its crimson glory.

I am hungry for Thai food today.  I will be indulging in feeding this craving at lunch today.  I cannot wait for my tasty beef and noodles.

So, I don’t have much more to say.  Oh!  Here is an interesting tidbit about me.  Did you know that I cannot go to the bathroom without something else to do?  What I mean to say is I can, I just don’t.  I need to bring a book, a magazine, a newspaper, my handheld Text Twist game, the mail, or something with me when I go to the bathroom.  Now, share a fun fact about you in my comments.

1 comment:

Emmie (Better Make It A Double) said...

I;m sorry - how frustrating. I remember that feeling well! I can't go to the bathroom without something to do either. Here's to hoping that will soon cease to be a problem. Nothing ever made me feel more like a mother than breastfeeding one baby while on the toilet while also rocking the other kiddo's bouncy seat with my foot. (((hugs)))