Monday, June 18, 2007

Sporting a New Look

We had a good Father’s Day. I got Bob a card and a gift certificate to Dairy Queen. He felt bad because he had not gotten me anything for Mother’s Day. I told him it’s possible he’s a father right now but I was not a mother on Mother’s Day. We both wished we knew for sure if we were parents yet. Tom Petty was right; the waiting IS the hardest part.

I spent the day doing laundry and homework, although I did manage to fit some personal reading time in as well. The day was gorgeous though quite hot with highs in the 90’s. We had high winds so that kind of took the sting out of the heated air. I spend some time on our balcony with a good book, a large glass of water, and 3 of our 4 cats. (Daisy gets too fraidy and runs inside at the first hint of noise or shadow.)

I don’t know how it happened, but somehow I managed to burst a blood vessel in my right eye this morning. The white part on the far right side (closest to my ear) is all bloody red. It’s an attractive look I recommend to all. Everyone that has spoken to me so far this morning has pointed it out and asked what happened. I have no answer. It was fine when I got into the shower and a red bloody mess when I got out. I didn’t do anything new or different so I’m at a loss to explain what happened. If it’s still in its glory after work, I will take a photo to show you.

I got a call from my clinic today. My progesterone was low, 8.9. The nurse said it was still ovulatory but they like to see it higher. So I’m to go in on Friday for a progesterone levels test. This is the first bit of downer news I’ve received since starting down this road. Don’t know what to expect on Friday but everything so far has been a learning adventure, so that’s good.

This coming Saturday is our annual Muscular Dystrophy fundraiser. If you would like to donate as part of our team, the Mingo Movers, please click this link.Thanks!


1 comment:

Rachelle said...

My progesterone tests always came back "low"....in the 6's & 7's....

My Dr told me it's a combination of things, not just this one number that you have to consider.....

....this could still be "the month" :D