Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Ankle Update

Well, it’s broken.  Not the whole ankle, just that little knobby bone on the outside of it.  That little knobby bone is broken clean through.  It has just started to heal but it’s definitely broken.  She put me in a walking cast/boot thing, gave me crutches, and an RX for Vicodin.  She wants to see me in 2 weeks to see how it’s healing and said it should take 4 to 6 weeks to heal completely.  I’m glad I went in because I knew something was wrong but I hope I’m not walking across the graduation stage with crutches and this boot/cast thing.

Trying to drive my little stick shift car from the doctor’s office with this boot/cast thing on was an exciting challenge.  Let me just tell you that it is difficult to push in a clutch with a boot/cast thing on your left leg.  I might have to drive Bob’s car while this thing is on.  Or drive without it and put it on once I get to work.  I guess this is a learn as you go type of thing.

Only 3 more days until my last day of school.  Last night I was working on the power point for our final project.  Tonight I just have to put the finishing touches on it and then I’m done, done, done.  (Unless one of my classmates decides I need to change something…then I’m not done.)

I decided to put our abridged Christmas letter in my grad party/40th birthday open house invitations.  Rather than send 2 separate mailings to the exact same people, I’m just going to send it all together.  I wrote up our letter this morning and will get it printed at the same time I get the map/directions insert printed and will just fold, stuff, and send.  I’m still a little bitter that the photos we include with our letter feature 4 furry feline friends and not a baby or baby bump, but I’ll have to get over that.

No comments: