Saturday, November 03, 2007

Girls' Weekend

I made it to the resort by 5:30 last night. I met up with the 8 other women who are here and we had a nice dinner. However, I was so exhausted that I was in bed and asleep by 8. It was the best sleep I've had in weeks. I only woke up coughing a couple of times. Thankfully we all have our own rooms so I'm not keeping the others awake with my hacking. I slept until 8:30 this morning and awoke to the most beautiful sunrise coming up over the lake. I got up immediately and went to photograph it. As I was getting ready, I thought I heard a loon. I dismissed that thought because I know loons migrate in September. They are warm weather birds. But as soon as I dismissed that thought, I heard the loon trill again. It was definitely a loon. Wonder why its still here. Hope it survives the winter.

After I walked around the lake a bit, I decided to go for an actual walk. I walked around the resort and decided to head for the road. I'd heard a train and thought maybe I could find the tracks and get some good pictures . I got to the road just fine and even heard/saw a train in the distance. As I walked towards the tracks, I stepped down with my left foot and immediately foot rolled and I twisted my ankle. I heard a pop and felt a jolt to my armpits. I felt fainty and clammy. I limped to a large rock and sat down with my head between my legs. I felt better but any time I lifted my head, I felt fainty again. I decided to wait a bit to see if anyone was going to walk or drive my way so I could catch a ride back to the resort. Then I began to get cold. So I sucked it up and limped back to the cabin. When I got back, the girls immediately knew something was wrong. I told them what happened and someone went to get ice while another friend got me some water and some pain reliever. I felt fainty and clammy again so they put me to bed, elevated my leg, and covered me up. I tell you, if you are going to get hurt on a girls' weekend away, these are the friends to go away with.

I feel better now. My ankle is swollen a bit, not too bad, though it still hurts. One of my friends had an ace bandage so it's wrapped up and elevated. I am alternating Tylenol and Advil and am taking it easy. Good thing I have my computer and my Management homework. Looks like I will be getting lots done on that paper I have to write.

I will write more about the weekend later and will post pictures as well. Even with a sprained ankle, the photo opportunities are too good to pass up.

No comments: