Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Ankle Update

The verdict from my doctor is that the fracture has all but healed but I really did a number on the ligaments and muscles so the walking cast stays on for another 2 weeks.  I am also to add range of motion exercises twice a day for the next two weeks.  I have another follow-up appointment with her in two weeks and hopefully she will tell me I can chuck the cast.  I graduate a week and a half after my next follow-up appointment.

My tooth is definitely hurting me now.  There is swelling and the tooth is impeding my bite and making eating altogether difficult.  I am thankful to be seeing the endodontist tomorrow.  I hope he says to just pull it and that he can pull it soon without too much hoo ha.  Thankfully this is soup season (11 degrees right now at 1:30 in the afternoon!) and there are lots and lots of yummy soups available at all my favorite luncheon spots.

Yesterday the head fry cook in our building’s cafeteria was asking me about my Thanksgiving holiday and if I had to make the turkey.  I told him my sister in law made it.  He said, “Oh, your brother’s wife?”  I said, “No, my husband’s sister.”  Then he proceeded to get kind of feisty.  Not angry necessarily but kind of sassy.  “You’re MARRIED?”  I affirmed that I was.  “You’re supposed to wear a ring if you are MARRIED!”  I assumed him I had a ring but that I’d misplaced it for a while and had only just found it but was now out of the habit of wearing it.  He kind of harrumphed and said again, “If you are married you should ALWAYS wear a ring.”  I agreed that I would from now on and thanked him for the reminder before going on my merry way.  What was up with that?  Why the big deal over if I have a ring on or not?  Dude, chill.  Anyway, I told Bob about this and he said, “That guy liked you and thought you were single.”  I laughed because this guy is like 60 years old, has been married 4 or 5 times, has grandchildren, and is just not someone I would like was interested in me like that. But Bob is adamant that this guy was interested in me and is mad now because he found out I’m single.  Ha!  Whatever.

Still no sign of Miss Duck.  (See entry from Sunday, November 25th)  I hope she’s OK.  Now that the frigid cold has descended, I don’t know if she will be safe.  Our highs this week is only going to be in the 20’s with frigid windchills.  Poor duckie.

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I catch a lot of flack about not wearing a wedding ring. Unfortunately, the husband has yet to buy one for me (only after 22.5 years) so I purchased a birthstone ring I wear on "that" finger. Now I get, "That's not a wedding ring." Yeah, I know, thanks.

Dawn said...

Ha!! When I read that, the first thing I thought was exactly what Bob said. :-)