Monday, December 04, 2006

Christmas Lights


Christmas Balcony
Originally uploaded by SunFlowery.
I got this from my Mom.

1.) Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot chocolate but I won't complain if you add a little Bailey's to the hot chocolate.

2.) Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa must wrap them..they're always all wrapped.

3.) Colored lights on tree/house or white? Colored. I used to get white but my husband prefers the colors so we go with that.

4.) Do you hang mistletoe? No, not yet we haven't. We don't need an excuse to kiss.

5.) When do you put your decorations up? We used to do it on the weekend of the 14th when I was growing up but I like to do it Thanksgiving weekend or the first weekend in December.

6.) What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Thanksgiving Turkey & mashed potatoes with gravy. And Christmas morning sticky rolls

7.) Favorite Christmas memory as a child?
I don't have one particular, although I do remember having fondue for dinner and that was nice. Also, opening presents as a family after church was nice.

8.) When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I don't remember but I did find it strange he had the same handwriting as my mother.

9.) Do you open a gift on Christmas eve? We used to open all the family presents on Christmas eve after we got home from church. But now we open them all on Christmas day. Starting with stockings.

10.) How do you decorate your Christmas tree? colored lights and lots of ornaments. No tinsel. Oh, and white and red striped peppermint candy canes.

11.) Snow! Love it or Dread it? I like the first big snow and I love a good snowstorm but I begin to dread it when it's March and we are getting intermitent warm days and then a dumpload of snow. Blech.

12.) Can you ice skate? Used to ice skate alot when I was a kid but haven't tried in a long time. I used to love to skate on the pond not too far from our house in the woods. I remember having weak ankles and not being able to stay skating long, but I liked it when I could.

13.) Do you remember your favorite gift? I remember getting a pink bicycle with a banana seat and handle bar streamers. It's a bummer getting a bike in December in MN though:-). I received an early Christmas gift in 2000 when my husband proposed to me on December 8th.

14.) What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Spending time with family.

15.) What is your favorite holiday desert? I like frosted sugar cookies and gingerbread and my dad's homemade banana bread (without the cherries).

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? Buying a new ornament for our tree. This was started for me when I was young and my mom would get us a new ornament for our birthdays. Also, when I was young, we would put up the tree the weekend of my brother's and my birthday (the 14th) and that was nice.

17.) What tops your tree? A transluscent lighted star.

18.) Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? I love to give gifts. I especially like to give gifts that are meaningful and that will be used for years to come. I do like to receive the same though.

19.) What is your favorite Christmas Song? Oh, Holy Night. Which is somewhat surprising because we had a pastor that would sing that song every Christmas Eve at church and it would seem to take forever. We always opened family presents after church on Christmas eve and we would watch the order of service of the Christmas eve program with twitching eyes, checking off each thing as it occured. This pastor would sing every verse and sometimes every verse in Engligh AND Norwegian and it took FOREVER! Still we got through it and it's kind of a heartwarming memory for me now.

21.) Favorite Christmas Movie? I have two. Elf and It's a Wonderful Life.

No comments: