Sunday, December 24, 2006

Merry Christmas Eve

Still no word from Bob's dad. He must be hanging on. Bob said he would hang on until Christmas day and he seems to be doing just that.

Bob went Christmas shopping for me today. Typical male. Hee.

I baked cookies today. You know Santa needs fresh ones, not store bought or stale cookies. I baked my very favorite cookies. They are called Peanut blossoms. They have a Brach's chocolate star in the middle and are quite yummy. I made enough to give to 3 of our neighbors and still have enough left for Santa and us. However, true to form lately, as the mixer is beating and I crack an egg into the mixture, half the shell falls in. Instead of turning the mixer off, I managed to hit high speed and mix the shell into the batter. I think I got most of it out though. Still, if our neighbors or Santa eats one and tastes a shell, well, that's about par for my course.

Bob bought battery opperated lights to string on his wheelchair. He likes to get into the spirit. Tonight we opened one package from each other. He opened the box of business cards I made/ordered for him. I got a holiday projector from him. Yeah, you read that right. A little projector that projects a message onto an outside wall. That's his idea of a good Christmas gift to me. Not that I don't like it. I do. It's just that as a gift, it's not exactally what I would choose for myself. However, it is right now projecting a message of "Happy Holidays" to all on our outside balcony wall.

Merry Christmas Eve to all and to all a good night.

No comments: