Sunday, December 03, 2006

Sunday, Sunday


The Balconies both lit up
Originally uploaded by SunFlowery.
This photo shows our whole apartment from the outside. The balcony on the left is off our livingroom. The balcony to the right is the one off our bedroom. The small light in the middle is an electric candle. We have one in all three windows during the Christmas season.

I started our Christmas cards today. I got all the envelopes stamped and labled. I am in the process of folding our letter and stuffing envelopes. I hope to add a personal signature to each one and then send them off sometime this week. My goal is to get them all out before my birthday next week.

As part of my holidalies post today, I want to answer the prompts question: "Sunny or snowy: Which makes for the better holiday season, and why?" I think both. I'm from the midwest and have lived here my whole life except for the 3 or 4 years I lived on the East coast. Still, everywhere I've lived has been snowy in winter and I think I would miss it were I to live in a warmer climate during the winter months. I don't mind warmer weather in winter if I'm visiting a state that is warm, but it's just not Christmas without snow. Winter in MN can be somewhat bleak and grey so I prefer it snowy AND sunny. We can go days or weeks without seeing the sun so when it's sunny, it's a treat.

I remember the winter I first moved here, it was 65 degrees on my birthday (the 14th). I've had brown birthdays before but nothing like that. Yet that Christmas, just 10 days later, we had temps below zero and feet of snow. It was crazy.

No comments: