Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Comfort and Joy

Dinner with the girlfriends might have to be postponed.  I have had burbly tummy all day.  I was hungry for lunch so went down to get some soup and half a sandwich. I ate the soup but the sandwich sits untouched and makes me want to hurl when I look at it.  I ate some pretzels and that’s about it.  I don’t think burbly tummy can take an evening of the best Tex Mex Chevy’s has to offer.  Plus, it’s too good to be wasted like that.  I put the call in to postpone but got voicemail so we’ll see what happens.

In breaking news that breaks my heart; regular Lime Coke has been discontinued!  At least here in the Midwest. None of my stores are carrying it any more.  I have two 12 packs left and then I don’t know what I’m going to do.  I may be forced to give up soda once again.  I don’t know if I can do it.

I wrote to the Children’s Home Society and asked them to send me preliminary information on domestic and waiting children adoptions.  I don’t know how long it takes to get the information, but I want to do as much research as possible.  The sportscaster said he would also pass along some of their research and their info to help.  Even so, it feels kind of shaky taking these initial baby steps. I don’t want to get hurt.  I don’t want what happened with us with Honor, the condo, and my new job to happen to us with an adoption.  I don’t want to fall in love with a child and have it become ours only to have it yanked away.  So, we shall see what transpires.

My nails are already messed up.  I am just not used to being primped and beautified.  I need to remove the polish and reapply tonight if I want my nails to stay pretty through birthday week.  Maybe I should think about getting an eyebrow wax as well.

It’s that time of year again for me.  I don’t mean Christmas or birthday time, either.  It’s the time of year when I put in my new calendar pages and swap out my old addresses for new.  This year I am taking my anal retentiveness to an all time high and I’m printing my addresses on labels and then affixing the labels to the address book.  That way, they are actually legible and if an address changes, all I have to do is swap them out, saving time and space.  I don’t know about you, but about a fourth of the people in my address book move in any given year so by the end of the year it’s all a jumble of yellow forwarding labels and whited out addresses.

Speaking of moving, one of my best friends from high school is getting married on Friday.  If you are a long time reader, you will remember that her husband died of sleep apnea in October of 2005.  She met a very nice man from another city this year and they are getting hitched on Friday.  I am so happy for them and hope this brings further comfort and joy to their holiday season.

No comments: