Saturday, December 09, 2006

Warm December Saturday


This little Christmas elf is one I made when I was in high school. A woman I know made them to sell at craft sales and she hired me to help her. This is probably my all time favorite ornament and is a far cry from the felt snowman I made in grade school, huh?
Today it got up to 45 degrees here. Not that I really got to enjoy it. I woke up with my period and spent the say on the couch moaning. My cat Daisy is the sensitive one of our brood and she kept crawling on my lap as though to comfort me. Needless to say, I didn't get a lot done today. I did hang some suet for the birds and hung the Christmas cards we received. Not quite the day of industry I had planned. Tomorrow I need to do laundry and clean our place so I hope I feel better.
I made reservations at Palomino for my birthday dinner. I belong to their email club and they sent me a $20 off coupon as a birthday "gift" so we will use that. Plus, when I made the reservation, the host said that I get a free tiramisu too! Can't beat that with a stick. After dinner, we will drive around and look at Christmas lights as is our tradition. It seems as though more and more people are going all out with the lights around here so we don't have to drive as far to look for some pizzaz.
In doing my part to prepare for our discussion on adoption, I was wondering if anyone reading this has any helpful information? We are thinking that local adoption will probably be the best at this point. International adoption interests us, but that kind of travel is hard on Bob and we know International adoption costs a lot more. Still, we are open to whatever God has for us and will welcome any little child into our home and family. Please pass along any info you think would help us to make the best decision possible. Thanks!

No comments: