Sunday, December 17, 2006

Family Christmas


Reading the Lyrics to Carols
Originally uploaded by SunFlowery.
Do they sing Christmas carols in your family? They do in Bob's. We had Bob's family Christmas shin dig at our party room tonight and it was a lot of fun.

Bob comes from a family of 6 kids. They were all here today. All of them with their significant others and kids. We had a roomful, that's for sure.

Instead of buying presents for everyone, we do presents/cash for those under 18 and then everyone over 18 brings a white elephant gift and we play a game. Bob ended up with a Hello Kitty dish set and I ended up with a basket, coffee mug, and lumps of coal. It was a lot of fun though. We only see each other a couple of times a year even though we all live in the area and this was a very fun time.

I did manage to clean the apartment today. I also baked an angel food birthday cake, but I think our oven is off. This is the second angel food I have tried to bake in this apartment and it, like the first, didn't work out. It came out of the oven OK but when I inverted it to cool, half of it fell to the counter. When I took the pan and set it on the counter, it just fell into a mass of angel food blah. Bob, feeling badly for me, called his sister and asked her to bring a birthday cake to the shin dig. She did and we have cake coming out of our ears now. Heh.

It was a good day overall. I wish I had another day to just chill and recover from all the work, family, excitement of today but I will be OK. This week seems to be pretty low key. The only thing on my calendar as of today is a dinner with a friend on Tuesday night. It could change, but that's it for now.

No comments: